Thursday, December 01, 2011

Cold in Florida

The great cold north sent down some darned cold winds yesterday that made our southern temperatures plummet. I had to put the furnace on last night, for heaven's sake. Of course, this sort of up and down weather will go on until March so it's no surprise and we'll be up in the 80's by Monday. I'm just happy that the sky is clear and blue and I'm still able to wear my capris. My cold toes made me give up sandals until tomorrow, though. I couldn't stand the humid Florida heat in the summer but whatever we get here during the winter is lovely.

We had a small group this morning for Swedish weaving but I couldn't start mine...I'd thought I had a piece of white fabric here for Tyson's afghan but it's beige and won't do. Barb and I went shopping and I bought 2 pieces, one white for Tyson and one a strong sage for someone else some day. Tyson's will be done this winter.

Then Barb and I went for lunch. It seems that no-one leaves the park for any reason that doesn't end in a restaurant. The Swedish weaving ladies suggested we make a field trip to a fabric store in another town and my first thought was, "And we can have lunch there.". Everyone agreed.

By the way, my car ran beautifully smooth the whole trip until I stupidly mentioned that fact to Barb on the way home. Within a few seconds it gave a sputter. Just one, though. It doesn't pay to tempt the fates.

Tonight a gang of us are playing cards at the clubhouse and you can bet we'll have a good time.

No comments: