Thursday, May 24, 2012

Attitude

It seems that all of my life I've been aware how you can assume any attitude you like and it will affect your social dealings accordingly.  That said, why have I not always used this knowledge to develop a fabulous life?  Thinking back, I believe I did make the life I wanted...maybe, needed.


Using this knowledge is how some "special" people in the world attain great success in their chosen field.  It's a simple process learned at an early age where a child discovers what works and what doesn't to achieve his/her goal.  It's disconcerting to know we all could have done better if we'd diligently practiced what we learned at the age of 2.


I guess we all could have done better in designing our lives but most of us chose to coast instead of drive ourselves.  Laziness is the flaw that produces jail prisoners and Welfare families, all of whom could have lived a much nicer life if they'd made the effort.


I remember yearning to the core for a life consisting of a nice husband, nice children, home ownership, and a comfortable (not luxurious) existence.  I got it.  I could have aimed for more but I didn't.  Maybe people who succeed beyond our wildest dreams are driven by a higher expectancy.  I really do think this is the case.


In my golden years, I don't yearn for much, just that my offspring have good lives and that I can be with them in good health as long as possible.  I hope we really do get what we aim for.     

No comments: