Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Good Neighbor

A week or so ago, I discovered that my lawn had been cut by one of my neighbors but just recently found out who it was...Lisa!  Today, I thought my grandson, Nick, was out there cutting the lawn and wondered why he hadn't come in first to say hi but, when I looked out in the yard, it was Dang cutting the lawn.  Just as I've had the good fortune to fall into a Florida park with some of the most wonderful people in the world, I've also got the best neighbors in the world here at home.  


I stopped cutting the lawn myself 2 years ago because it totally wore me out.  Then last year there was the issue of skin cancer and it scared me to go out in the sunshine for even short lengths of time.  Nick took on the job of grass cutting, thank heavens, but my neighbors have chipped in occasionally, too.


I suppose I've reached the age when I shouldn't be living in a house and having to depend on others to help out but I really hate to leave here.  This is "home" and I've got such good neighbors who are almost like family to me.  It's selfishness on my part, but I do want to stay here a while longer.  I have a very strong conscience and feel guilty that I'm not doing more myself but, for whatever reason, the strength to do even slightly heavy work just isn't there anymore.  It's a fact of life and I'll just have to live with it.  


I don't want my neighbors to think they are responsible for looking after my lawn but as long as Nick is willing to do it, I'll be comfortable with that.  I'm so lucky to have these good people in my life.

No comments: