Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Being Accepted by Nash

Nash is 15 months old so he has no real memory of his GG.  Since he doesn't take to strangers, I came home from wintering in Florida and I'm a stranger to him.  He's gone from screaming and cringing when he first sees me to letting me touch him and occasionally cuddle a bit.  This is progress and I can't wait for the day he runs to me when he sees me.


Children all behave so differently.  Some are terrified of strangers and others are more curious which is easier to take.  I feel so darned privileged when a youngster who doesn't know me will let me cuddle them.  It's quite an honor, really, because it shows trust on their part.


Nash is a horse of a baby, sturdy as a rock and gentle as a lamb.  He doesn't look as though he'd be afraid of anything but he sure doesn't like strangers in his little life.  I'm proud to say that he doesn't consider me a stranger any more but I'm not a well loved GG just yet.  I know I will be in time, though, because his nature is so very sweet.

No comments: