Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Black Hair

I read an article in the newspaper this morning that more black women are going back to their natural hairstyles and foregoing straightening.  Now, I've often wondered why they didn't always do this, anyway.  I suppose they straightened it to emulate caucasian hair but pride in their race and heritage is more prevalent these days.


I've noticed in past years the number of black ladies who dealt with often unattractive kinky hair by cutting it very short and that looks nice but the pictures in the newspaper of longer, cuter styles also work well, too.  To be honest, I prefer the natural look by far to the often straw-like look of straightened hair.  Women, no matter what their race or age, are much better off being as natural as possible.  Senior women with dyed black hair do not look younger because the dark hair accentuates their wrinkled little faces!


This is just another example of natural being best.  


   

No comments: