Friday, July 06, 2012

Hotter Than Hades

There's no question that this summer is hotter and dryer than any we've had in the past.  We keep breaking high record temperatures and it sure looks like today's will be another one...35 celsius which is near 100 F.  My poor old air conditioner never seems to turn off and I'm worried about what my next power bill will be.  Even with the high cost of air conditioning, I thank my lucky starts that I have it these days.


I really should get out today and water my plants and the grass but it's so miserably hot I decided to let them get through the heat on their own.  I was talking to Nick on the phone when I noticed that one of those rotten squirrels had ripped a large geranium out of the pot again!  I had to go out and repot it and move the pot up on the deck to thwart the squirrels but I didn't take the time to water the poor thing.  It's the same one that was ripped out twice before so there's something about that particular plant they hate.  Just before the plant was pulled out, I saw 2 black squirrels jumping around the yard like crazy animals and thought the heat was getting to them.  When I saw they'd pulled out my plant again I hoped their little brains would boil in their skulls.


Don't mess with me or mine!

No comments: