Thursday, July 05, 2012

Nolan's Lip

Nolan and I spent the day together and he was a perfect angel, as usual.  After his afternoon nap, I let him watch some stupid cartoon on T.V. (I don't get the children's channels so I couldn't put Sesame Street on for him).  He was still a little dozy from his nap and was sucking his lip...he does this when he's tired.  I told him to get his lip out of his mouth for the picture and this is what I got.  


If grandchildren are our reward for having children, greatgrandchildren are rewards beyond counting.  I've only had Nolan to myself because Nash is just too heavy for me to lift but I'm looking forward to the day in the near future when Nash will be doable for me.  He's just started walking but still requires too much physical strength for little old me to handle yet.  I love being around them because watching these little treasures develop brings me so much joy.


I bought some alphabet cards today so that I could begin teaching Nolan how to read.  He's one smart little cookie and I think he'll catch on easily.  The trick will be trying to hold on to his attention long enough to teach him because he's a busy little boy.  I learned from the others that, once they get bored with a lesson, it's best to let them go.  That way they don't view it as something unpleasant.  Right now, I'm expecting Nolan to sit still and at least learn the letter "A'.  If we got to "B" I'd be amazed.

No comments: