Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I'm A Poet

I've just created a new blog, Pat's Poetry, Too (patspoetrytoo.blogspot.com), so it seems I'll never have a boring moment and that's a good thing.  Understand that I don't write blogs or poems because I think I'm talented but only because it gives me pleasure to write.  If someone else gets even a tiny bit of enjoyment from my efforts then that is a huge bonus for me.

I've always written poems...some in my own style and maybe not even recognized as poetry.  It's a nice way of dragging strong feelings out of your gut and putting words to the emotions.  In earlier years there was an unhappy desperation from trying to make sense of situations where there was none, at least not to me.  I'm happier now so my new poetry should reflect that but who knows what still resides in the recesses of my mind?  All I know is that even I will be surprised at what I draw forth.  It's going to be fun.   

No comments: