Monday, April 29, 2013

Deal Breaker

I'm probably one of the most unforgiving people in the world and I accept that.  If someone stabs me in the back I quickly remove them from my life and I honestly don't think that's a bad thing.  Why should we continue to subject ourselves to nasty, untrustworthy people when there are so many truly wonderful ones in the world?

I recently heard that someone was told to "f... off" by an acquaintance because she voiced her thoughts that teachers who walk off the job in protest should expect retribution by their employers, just like any other profession.  In my world, someone who told me to "f... off" would never get a second chance because I'd stay as far away from that person as I could.  The person who was so viciously attacked has a different view.  She is willing to forgive and forget.

My belief is that a teacher who would respond to someone with a different point of view in such a manner is particularly ignorant and not someone worth wasting your time on.  But then, I'm older and have learned I have no time for mean, ignorant, and nasty people!

My take on the whole episode is that the teacher showed the ugliness that festers just below the surface of her personality and one "f... off" won't be the end of it.

No comments: