Friday, April 19, 2013

House Cleaner

When Dennis was alive, he would have been livid if I'd hired someone to clean the trailer before we got there but I do it now and love it.  He would have been equally livid if I'd had a house cleaner clean my house but I did just that today and really, really loved it.

Linda, a friend, arrived about 9 this morning and took the whole day just doing the 2 bedrooms and hallway upstairs.  She did a complete cleaning, though, and heaven knows it's needed it for a while.  She'll return on Monday to do the first floor and hopefully the basement.  One of her jobs in the kitchen will be to wash the ceiling so I'm not sure she can finish everything in the one day.  This is all going to cost me a fortune but it's worth it.  I plan on having her back every Spring until the house is sold and I've moved on to an apartment.  I just might hire an occasional cleaner to do the apartment, too.  There's lots I can't do any more and I'm not comfortable with leaving so much not done properly.  I've never been a clean freak but at least once in a while I did a thorough job...not lately, though.  Now I am thrilled to death to be getting my house scrubbed!!

Kim is coming over tomorrow to help me put the curtains back up in the bedrooms.  I'll wash them first and hang the sheers wet because they hang better that way.  Next summer I'll have the rooms all repainted so they look fresher in 2015 when I put the house up for sale.  I have good plans that I hope all come together for me.

I also have the teak end tables to refinish once the weather improves but right now they're cluttering up the little computer room.  All in good time, I guess!  Some time real soon, my house will sparkle and be clutter free.  Well, maybe not real soon.

No comments: