Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lesson Learned Today

I may be doing this all wrong but I don't care...it's how I cope.  I have the same old cameras both here and in Florida because I know how they work.  I don't want to have to learn how to program and fiddle with a new one so I've bought a few (the same) for each residence.  The problem arises because it's difficult to get batteries for these cameras which aren't made any more.  I managed to get one battery at a U.S. Walmart for the camera in Florida at the high cost of $30...more than the damn camera is worth.  Now I need new batteries for the camera I have here at home and there are none to be found in the city.  No-one asks why I'm still using such an old camera and I don't tell them because it's none of their business that I'm technically challenged.

So I think to myself, why not try the internet because you can find anything there.  I found a website where they sell all kinds of batteries and they actually had the one I need.  $25 each so I bought 2 thinking I'd stumbled on a real bargain.

Still pleased with my coup, I couldn't help but check out Ebay to see if they also could have been found there.  I really didn't think they would but darned if they weren't listed there for $13 each.  I'd been robbed!  

It was a lesson learned.  Check Ebay first!

No comments: