Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Nice To Be Home...but it's cold.

It's amazing how quickly I've adapted to life back home.  It usually takes a few days of wandering around my amazingly huge (compared to the trailer) house before I settle in but this year I felt completely at home immediately.  Unloading the car trunk was a big job but I got everything sorted and put away or bagged for Nolan, Nash, and Kim very quickly and it helped being that organized.

I can't help but compare the grey, still wintery, landscape compared to beautiful and lush Florida but it's mid April and Spring will gradually color my world.  There's so much to look forward to...clearing away the winter debris from the yard, planting annuals, and hopefully clearing out some more house clutter.  You'd think it would all be gone since I've worked at it for at least 3 years but I just might be bringing the odd bit of clutter back into the house without realizing it.  For instance, I brought an Elvis doll back from Florida but I haven't a clue why I want it or where I'll keep it.  Sometimes I get silly ideas.

Nick brought Nolan and Nash over tonight for a visit and they're so cute.  Nash smiled at me when he came in and was perfectly happy to be here...as long as his Daddy remained in sight.  He told Nick to sit down just to make sure he didn't sneak out on him.

I can't say enough good about my Nick.  He was the first grandson and has almost seemed more like a son to me.  Dennis and I worshipped him when he was born and that never changed.  It's hard to explain how I love all of my grandchildren the same but that Nick has a unique position being the first.  I don't love him more but just a bit differently.  He made me a Gramma!  And darned if he wasn't instrumental in making me a Greatgramma!

The teak side tables I planned to refinish last fall are still sitting here in the computer room waiting to claim their spots on either side of the livingroom sofa.  Breaking my wrist last fall kept me from working on them and now I'll have to wait a few weeks until it warms up and I can take them outside to strip them.  I love the sleek lines of Danish modern furniture but then my eclectic tastes like most styles, some more than others.  In due time the house will be in order but it looks pretty good now, anyway.  

Now to figure out what the heck to do with my Elvis doll.


No comments: