Monday, April 15, 2013

What Matters

Kim, Cindy, Don, and Nolan came over to see me tonight and I fell in love with Nolan all over again.  He's just as beautiful as he was in the fall but taller.  His speech is so much better now that he's a big boy of 3 3/4 years old...still has trouble with his "L's", though.

It was so horrible to hear of the terrorist attack at the Boston Marathon and to think that some bastard/bastards cared so little about the human lives they blew up.  I wondered if they have loved ones.  Do they have the ability to love as we do?

I watched my precious family and knew it would kill me if anything happened to them.  I don't know how anyone gets past the senseless loss of a loved one, especially in something as utterly crazy as a bombing at the Boston Marathon.  There just is no understanding how anyone could be as callous as these terrorists appear to be.

I hope they find the people responsible and I hope it never happens again.  We have to have hope, don't we? 


No comments: