Thursday, April 18, 2013

Security Cameras

There's a big debate going on about whether or not we should use more security cameras in public places.  Some think that it would do no harm as long as you're not committing a crime but some think it's an invasion of our privacy.  I think that a "public" place is not a "private" place so you shouldn't expect your private whereabouts to be protected there.  Therefore, if more cameras would help decrease crime, let's use lots more of them.

Security cameras are a big problem for criminals but I can't see how a camera following my daily travels could ever be a problem for me because I'm not a criminal.  Come to think of it, I don't like the idea of red light intersection cameras because I tend to drift through yellow lights once in a while...but even that could save my life one day.  All in all, I do support the addition of many more security cameras to help decrease or eliminate crime.


No comments: