Thursday, June 13, 2013

Aeron's Graduation

Cindy, Don, Dennis, Tyson, Larry, Mary, Kim, Carter, and I attended Aeron's graduation this morning and I was so very proud of my #1 granddaughter.  She's a hard worker, working 2 or 3 jobs all summer and at least one the rest of the year while going to university.  She's beautiful, smart, dedicated, and a darned nice girl, too.  And I'm not biased because it's all true.

There were hundreds of graduates there today and the room was filled to the rafters with their proud families and friends.  Most university or college children (they'll always be our children) don't go there alone...they carry the hopes and dreams of everyone who loves them.  They are our progeny and our contribution to a better world.

Momma Cindy and Auntie Kim were the most emotional ones, crying often but not lengthily, thank heavens.  Kim and Dennis heaped rose bouquets on Aeron and she looked just like a grad should look in her grad gown.  Aeron, my ever smiling and lovely first born granddaughter!

We all went out to a pub/restaurant for lunch afterwards...it was the one where both Aeron and her boyfriend, Carter, work.  I hadn't seen her Gramma Mary or Uncle Larry for years so it was nice to get re-aquainted.  We're all family and we all love our Aeron.

Tonight I'll probably vegetate in front of the T.V. and think back on those precious days when I babysat Aeron, Tyson, and Kyle and formed the bond that exists between us today.  Time spent with children is one of the most important things we can do with our lives and I'll always cherish those times and those memories.

Aeron is just starting out in her life while mine is on the down slide but she'll always carry the seeds of my influence and the genes we share.  I love her dearly and wish her all the happiness that life can bring her.  

No comments: