Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Getting Ready For The Move

I am so glad I started decluttering this house a few years ago because I'm reaping the rewards now that a move is imminent.  This morning I filled 3 large garbage bags with clothes I will never wear again and took it all to the Salvation Army.  There's still more but not much now.  I think my biggest concern is how to choose what craft items to take with me and which to dispose of.  I already know what I'm taking in furniture and it won't be a lot.  It will be fun to take my time shopping for the few things I'll have to buy.

My back has started bothering me and I think it's stress.  I'm not sleeping well at all and that's probably stress, too.  Just considering all the logistics of what is needed to move a household of 45 years is keeping my brain from letting go and that will probably go on until I'm safely and completely moved into the apartment.  Mixed in with all the stress is elation and excitement.  I'm too old to have my emotions all wound up like this!

No comments: