Sunday, June 02, 2013

Stupid Problem/Simple Solution

I know all women are not as mechanically challenged as I am but too darned many of my problems with this house seem to be easily solved by a man.

Last fall I bought a leaf blower/mulcher and had a hard time switching it to the leaf blower function earlier this spring.  Cindy fixed it for me.  Today I couldn't figure out why there didn't seem to be much power blowing the leaves off the patio and I noticed there was a lot of air being blown out the underside of the thing.  My solution was to put a piece of plastic between the fan and the cover...not a smart thing to do, it turned out.

When I turned on the leaf blower, the fan went crazy tearing up the plastic and the noise startled my next door neighbor, John, who peeked over the fence to see if I was okay.  I explained the situation and he was kind enough, as usual, to come over and check it out himself.  The problem was that the tube was blocked with mulch which inhibited the air flow.  I'd never thought of that.

Thank you once again, John. 

No comments: