Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Baby's Gone

My baby girl (49 years old but she's still my baby) left for home today after a wonderful and very busy 10 day visit.  Kim worked half days so she could spend more time with Shelley and Jake and she planned one heck of a whirlwind itinerary.

Much of the time was spent among the cousins and that always makes me very happy...that my girls and their cousins are close, and that the next generation down is also close.  My kids were taught from the beginning that a close and loving family is one of the most important things you can achieve in your life.  Their cousins were taught the same thing and it's made for a better life for all of us.

Shelley got to say goodbye to her childhood home...it will belong to another family in just 8 days but I'm hoping they'll let me back in for a look in a year or so to see what changes they make.  All of my girls took mementos of their father.  I keep wondering what he'd think of the direction my life has taken since he passed away and I have to believe he's surprised at how well I've managed.  At least I think I've managed well.

When all my grandchildren were about 4-5 months old I had their pictures taken by a photographer but space is limited in the apartment so I'm making their mothers take the pictures home.  I couldn't find Nicole's picture today for Shelley so it must be in another pile somewhere.  I'll find it and take it down to Florida in October.  Both Cindy and Kim are taking the loads of old photos because you just can't dispose of stuff like that.  Most aren't even in albums because I got a little overwhelmed with the backlog in 1989.  My photo taking days ended not too long after that.

Today was an easy day.  I took a few items to the apartment, froze some pork tenderloins in baggies, hung 2 pictures, and tidied up a bit.  I met another lady who has lived in the building for 6 years and she absolutely loves it there.  She also had some nice words for the superintendent.  I feel so fortunate to have landed in this nice building.  It's as though it was meant to be.

Now I'm tired and need a nap.  I had another sleepless night (wide awake at 2:30 A.M.) and I know a nap will screw up tonight's sleep but I'm too tired to care.  I hope my snoring doesn't keep me awake.  LOL! 

No comments: