Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Jake and Elvis

I don't know why I didn't know before that my grandson, Jake, is an Elvis fan.  I knew he was a Star Wars fan.  

The other day he spotted my Elvis doll that I'd planned on taking back to Florida to put on Ebay and expressed great joy...much to his mother's disapproval.  I offered him the doll and he was thrilled to have it.  Yesterday we were clearing out my sewing room and he was equally joyful about the Elvis beaded curtain that was on the closet door.  I offered it to him but his mother loudly disapproved so he declined.  But I was happy to see that he was able to persuade her he had to have it and it will be on it's way to his house in Florida.  I told him I want to sleep in his room when I visit there!

You know that someone is very special when he even has new fans more than 30 years after he died.  Elvis was one of a kind and a true star.

I'm discovering that my Jake appreciates nostalgia and will probably end up an astute collector when he's an adult.  I'll do my best to educate him with the little that I know and have learned over the years.  What fun!

No comments: