Thursday, July 18, 2013

Saw Something New

Maybe this has been around for a while but it was my first sighting.

Yesterday, Shelley and I were sitting on a park bench on the main street of Niagara-on-the-Lake, people watching and taking a respite from walking in the brutal heat when a person walked by with pants hanging down below their bum.  I pointed it out to Shelley because I always think it looks so stupid but this one was a little different.

What I saw was a fat person with their pants under the bum but the bum was pretty huge.  I looked up and saw an almost shaved head.  Of course, I thought it was a man but it was actually a woman.  I assume it was a gay woman doing her best to look really, really male by wearing her pants like some men or boys do.

I don't care that she was gay.  What I'm shocked about is that a gay woman would be so desperate to emulate a male that she would wear her pants under her butt.  Is it testosterone that pushes some males to wear their pants in this way as an aggressive demonstration or is it just pure ignorance and stupidity?  

I see a lot of lesbians who wear male attire and shave their heads in order to diminish anything feminine about themselves but wearing pants under their behind doesn't make sense to me.  If they're attempting to look masculine, wouldn't it make more sense to look like a male that's higher up on the evolutionary scale?

And I'm still wondering how the heck these people keep their pants from falling down around their ankles.  It's a fashion statement that they'll remember with embarrassment 10 years from now.  

No comments: