Friday, August 16, 2013

Another Worry

I often wonder if there is a single person, other than little children, who can go day to day without something to worry about.  My worries increased by one yesterday when I went to the dermatologist to have the stitches removed.  The biopsy report from the squamous skin cancer on my cheek showed there was still some residual cells in edges of what was removed.  My dermatologist said she wouldn't do another resection at the moment because the statistics were that 30% of such biopsies had proven that the residual cells would disappear on their own.  I only hope I'm not in the 70% where they don't.  I have another appointment with her in mid October and we'll see if anything recurs during the time before the appointment.  I'm not afraid of having the removal again because it wasn't a horrible thing to go through but I'll sure be on the lookout for any reappearance of the skin cancer.  I'll recognize it immediately.

In the meantime, I'll worry. 

No comments: