Sunday, October 13, 2013

Death Mist

When my husband passed away in 2005, I witnessed a mist burst out of his body that filled the room.  In my mind, it was his soul escaping from it's confines.  At the time, I'd never heard of such a thing happening but made sure to write a blog about the experience so that it would remain fresh in my mind.  Funny, but it was such a profound experience, it will always remain fresh in my mind.

A few years later, doing research on the computer, I found a website that dealt with phenomena like this and it seems I'm not the only one who has seen the mist.  Of course, doctors and nurses would be at the top of the list of people who had seen it but what surprised me most is that it doesn't happen with every dead person.  I wonder why?

I've kept in contact with this website and occasionally receive messages of another sighting.  The last one was from a lady who saw the mist when her beloved dog died.  That's the first one I've heard of about an animal but it shouldn't surprise us.  Most of the people who write in are very confused about what they've witnessed and are wondering if anyone else has seen it happen.  I have always felt very privileged to have seen my husband's soul escape his poor ravaged body.  It gave this humble agnostic old gal more proof of life after death.

There's only one way out of this life for every one of us and it's nice to know that there is something else.  By the way, along with the mist from my husband, there was an all-consuming sense of joy that filled the room.  All of this happened in seconds before I could even take in what I was seeing so the joy didn't come from me.

Ah, mysterious life...and even more mysterious death. 

No comments: