Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Happy Day

After I had the skin cancer removed from my cheek in August, it finally healed well but a little bump remained.  Even though it's gradually shrunk to a very little bump I was still a little nervous about why it was there.  I saw the dermatologist this morning and she thinks it's just scar tissue so I'm free to leave here on the 26th for Florida.  Oh, happy days!  I always worry about something and, if there isn't something to worry about, I'll wonder why things are going too good.

My possible father's name was Riskin (or maybe something that just sounded like that) so I've liked the idea that I might be part Jewish...Riskin sounds Jewish to me.  Since Jews are supposed to be great worriers, I might have come by it honestly.  In any case, I know I worry way too much about way too many things that have either gone wrong or might go wrong.

But this was a good day.  I came home and did all my phoning...taking care of Florida utilities to be turned on and trying to contact the lady who cleans my trailer before I get there.  I got the suitcase out (it would be all packed by now if I'd known sooner that I could leave on the 26th) and put a few things in it.  I got my car interior cleaned and it looks just lovely and then I filled up with gas.  Then I went to the "Fifties Diner" for a huge lunch of Reuben on rye with fries.  I don't think I'll be wanting supper.

Some days you're the dog and some days you're the fire hydrant.  Today I'm one happy dog.   

No comments: