Friday, November 08, 2013

Change

I spoke yesterday of how my internet server, Boingo, has somehow changed the way I sign in and it got me thinking about why everything in this world seems to change from something that works to something that either doesn't, is better, or sometimes worse than the original.

Every company has high paid executives that have to justify their positions and their salaries so they are forced to make changes that the rest of us have to live with.  I'm thinking that one day their changes will wipe out all the users because we just won't be able to keep up.

I like to look back when life was simpler...when it was a safer world for us and the rules of life weren't so obscured.  It was a time when husbands and wives stayed together; when children could play safely on the streets; when, if you didn't do your school work, you failed and, when you worked hard, you were rewarded.  Yes, it was a simpler and more understandable life way back in the old days but it wasn't perfect either.

These days divorce is all too common; children can't be left alone for a second or a predator will steal them; if you don't learn anything in school you just might become president of a major company one day.  All in all, it's not a nicer world.

Somewhere, somehow, we have to be progressing and it's often difficult to see the progress.  The most progress I've seen is in how women in many countries have gained upward mobility, maybe not equality but at least we're going in the right direction.  I wonder if that's enough to make up for what we've lost?  Whatever, we're stuck with what we have in the present and we have to hope for more and better than we have.

Peace, kindness, fairness, love.  I wish all of this was universal.

No comments: