Thursday, November 07, 2013

Utterly Confused

I hate change.  When I got down to Florida, I had no phone service and it took almost 2 weeks for a Verizon repairman to come here and tell me my phone is shot.  I've been cursing Verizon but now I'm their friend because it wasn't their fault I had no service and they didn't charge me for a service call.  I bought a new phone and it works perfectly.

Then Boingo, my internet server, decided to stop working and a brand new, unseen before sign came up on my screen when I turned the computer on.  It told me that the network I'd been using to bring in Boingo wasn't bringing it in.  Now, honestly, how am I supposed to interpret that message?  All I knew is that I couldn't get on the internet and, at the time, I had no phone to call Boingo for help.

Once I hooked up the new phone ($20), I called Boingo and got a very friendly and patient gentleman who spent about half an hour leading me through various steps on the computer.  He seemed quite surprised that they didn't help.  Then he told me that he'd just been informed that service to the park was being repaired so I should keep trying to get on the internet every so often and it should work soon.  Yeah, right!

I found out that Sylvia's Boingo connection is working just fine so mine should be also.  I called Boingo back and got a less friendly technician (female) who showed very little interest in my problem but she was willing to walk me through it again.  She told me to just click on Internet Explorer but I told her I'd only get a blank screen unless I was able to sign in with Boingo.  That's what had happened earlier.  She insisted I do it anyway.  Crap!  I got right onto the internet.  I tried explaining to her that this had never happened before but I swear she yawned.  Of course, the screen looks a little different and doesn't have all the little things the old one had but at least I can use the internet.

Well, here I am on the internet, not understanding how I got on or if I'll be able to get on the next time I try.  Talk to you soon...I hope.  Sigh!

No comments: