Thursday, November 14, 2013

Last Year On Ebay

I've had a lot of fun selling, and sometimes buying, on Ebay but I've decided that this will be my last year.  I've been able to list almost everything I have to sell by going a circuitous route but that route will disappear once I haven't listed anything in a month.  Ebay's new photo quality requirement means I'd have to buy another camera and it just isn't worth it to me to do so.  I hate change!!

Anyway, I'm sort of looking forward to a time my Florida room won't be used for stocking packaging materials for the items I sell on Ebay.  None of that stuff is in my way but it does make the Florida room look kind of tacky.  I'm going to miss the fun I had and have finding interesting things to list that people want, though.

I certainly don't make much money from my sales but it's been a hobby that does produce a little income and that's always a good thing.  I love opening the computer in the morning and seeing how many people have bid on or even just looked at my listings.  It's a personal connection, somehow.

Ebay will certainly lose a lot of money with their new demands of sellers but there are other venues, such as Etsy, where I can still sell a few items so not all is lost.  I really enjoy this so it's a shame that Ebay has taken it away.  Of course, I could easily buy a new camera but then I'd have to learn how to use it.  Nahhhh!

No comments: