Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Trying Sensa

I'm not a believer in drugs that cause you to lose weight by revving up your metabolism because, once you stop taking them, the weight will come back and your metabolism might be screwed up forever.  One of my friends arrived in Florida 32 lbs. lighter and looking terrific...she'd been using Sensa for 6 months and it worried me enough to do some research on the "diet drug".  What I found was that it worked for some people and not for others but it was benign enough to be sold over the counter.  I also found out that you shouldn't order it from the manufacturer or they'd keep charging your credit card long after you discontinued using it.

Then I was shocked to find out that Sylvia (lady of sensible eating and with no discernible weight problem) had ordered it from Amazon (much cheaper than buying it from a health food store or the manufacturer).  Now I really went into research mode on the internet and discovered something I'd missed before.  Sensa doesn't affect your metabolism at all but uses the sense of smell to curb your appetite.  Interesting.  Interesting enough that I asked Sylvia to order me a 2 month supply!

I know that I'll never lose all the extra weight I carry on my body but even losing a few pounds safely and without having to exercise would make my life more pleasant.  When I lost about 10 lbs. (temporarily) during my July move to the apartment, my clothes became loose and I really did feel healthier so my expectations of Sensa is not to become a super model but just to become more comfortable.

I'll keep a journal in this blog to describe all aspects of using Sensa and any progress I make. 

No comments: