Friday, April 25, 2014

Blue Screen of Death

My computer has been acting wonky since I got home and yesterday the "blue screen of death" showed up.  The darned computer isn't very old so this confuses me.  It did start this morning but it took forever for it to do so.  It's maddening.

But...I slept well last night and crawled out of bed before 6:30 A.M. rested and ready to enjoy the day.  Right now the sun is shining brightly even though it isn't very warm outside.  I don't much care.  It's nice to be home!

I've started receiving the local newspaper and, of course, there is a lot in it to upset me.  I saw where a so-called church group had their funding taken away because they used it for personal trips, etc.  I always wonder how easy it is for even a tiny group to call itself a church and get funding and tax breaks as easily as they do.  Who does the research on the group and who makes the decision to hand them public money?

I saw where the creatures who murdered a young man last year has now been charged with murdering two others.  What causes a human being to turn into the kind of person who can so easily take the life of another?  Their trials and imprisonment will go on for years and years at public expense when, in truth, they are trash that don't deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us.  Maybe my feelings about capital punishment are changing.  But, then, the Americans have capital punishment and it still can take 30 years for a death penalty to be exercised.

I still hate what the newspaper considers front page news.  In my opinion, front page news should be what's happening in the world and not a few pages about a local discount store that is closing.  I'm going to let that pet peeve pass or I'll be cancelling the newspaper again!

Now don't think I'm in a sour frame of mind.  I'm quite happy with an easy day ahead of me before picking Faye up to go to a dinner/Bingo at the senior center tonight.  My own life is going well even if what makes the news isn't so good.

No comments: