Saturday, April 26, 2014

More Computer Woes

When it comes to computers, I don't ask for much...just one that turns on when I want it to and one that has a relatively speedy internet.  Computers tire me out, more because I can never figure out what went wrong or why it went wrong.  Take tonight...the computer was working fairly normally all day so when I went to use it tonight I didn't expect a problem.  Stupid me.  It seems to take longer to start than it used to but at least it started.  I clicked on the internet and then on Facebook.  I swear that is all I did and suddenly the damned screen shifted to the right.  I couldn't fix it and I couldn't scroll because that part of the screen was now hidden.  I tried all sorts of things, even going online to see if there was information on how to realign it.  Of course, my search was limited because, you guessed it, I couldn't scroll.

Stymied, I phoned Kim who suggested I reboot it.  I did and it didn't work.  A bunch of us are going out for breakfast tomorrow morning so I asked her if she'd come up after breakfast and see if she could work any magic.  Of course, she would.

I stubbornly decided I'd give it one last chance to straighten out but it wouldn't.  Just as I was about to log off, I noticed a little tiny part of the square you click on to enlarge or decrease the screen and I thought, what the heck, and clicked on it.  I now have a full screen.  There is no way I clicked on that thing in the first place so who knows what happened.  What matters is that my computer is working okay.

If there is a hell, it's filled with intelligent computers that like to play with the tortured minds of the sinners.

No comments: