Sunday, April 27, 2014

On Being an Agnostic

I question everything so it's no surprise that I have and have always had many questions about religion.  Logically, it doesn't make sense but then nothing else I can think of does, either.  Most of the ten commandments make sense in a socialized community...you have to have some kind of rules to live by.  Being an agnostic means I question what I have been taught about religion.  It doesn't mean I dismiss it entirely.

Birth and death are miracles in my eyes.  The complexity of the human body is a miracle.  The flora and fauna of the world can only be described as miracles.  All of these things are not man-made...and the mystery of it all overwhelms me if I think on it too long.  It would be so much easier on the mind to just say, "Oh, a mangod created it all!".  But I'd like a little proof, please.  

I have questions, and so I am an agnostic.  It would be nice to think that my questions will be answered when I reach the other side.

No comments: