Sunday, April 27, 2014

What I Meant To Write About

I'm always going off on tangents...yapping or writing about something that just caught my attention...but I really meant to write a blog about my granddaughter, Aeron, today.

One of the biggest blessings in my life was the time I got to spend taking care of my grandchildren when they were young.  It gave me the time to really get to know them and to have them make me laugh.  Children, in all their innocence, are the funniest creatures on earth.

When Aeron was about 4 or 5, I took her shopping for Dennis' Christmas present...a gorgeous leather jacket.  Aeron was the best kid in the world to keep a secret if you asked her to so I knew she wouldn't tell her Grampa what he was getting.  I was so sure of her that I told him to phone her and ask her.  He did...and she sweetly answered, "Maybe someone is getting you a nice jacket.".  Damn!

The moral of this story is...you can't trust anyone.

No comments: