Thursday, May 08, 2014

Computer Fixed

The computer has been acting up since I got home but I think it's partly my own fault.  I get impatient when it takes too long to load and I start clicking and that often makes it freeze up.  Yesterday it froze up between on and off, not going either way, so Kim set me up with a friend of Don's (Brent) who straightened the whole mess out.  Whewwww!

I'm an impatient person most of the time unless I gain control of it quickly.  Sitting and waiting drives me crazy because I think of all the other things I could be doing instead of waiting.  And the older we get, the more valuable our time is, right?  I want to do what I want to do right now, not sit like a log and wait for 10 minutes in front of a dead screen.  It seems I need to practice discipline and restraint when it comes to this darned compute, though, or I'll mess it up again.

Today I'm having a new sink and taps installed in the kitchen.  The owners of the building think the ones I have are just fine so they won't pay for it but it's something I want so I'm getting it.  Life is too short to go without when you don't have to.  The present sink and taps were probably installed when the building was built in the 60's or 70's so they're kind of crappy.

For the rest of the day, I'll work on the Swedish weaving afghan I'm making for my friend, Barb.  She doesn't know she's getting one so it will be a nice surprise for her when we both get to Florida in the fall.  

I like the turn my life has taken.  It's peaceful.

No comments: