Friday, July 18, 2014

I Am Woman, I Am Kind of Strong

I got it into my head that I'd really like a dressing table but there was no room for one.  I'm determined not to overstuff my sweet apartment so, if I get the table, something had to go.  

I like my bedroom just the way it is but I haven't been happy with the neat but crowded condition of the spare room.  I know I could organize it better than I have and maybe, just maybe either get rid of some crafts or store them in the basement locker.  Every time I entered the room and looked at my stash of stuff I couldn't imagine where I'd move it to, though, but where there's a will there's a way.  I'm stubborn.

This morning I decided to make a stab at it and by piling some stuff in a hamper to take to Florida which I can store in the car trunk right now and by re-organizing my crafts, I actually cleared the big shelving unit.  Then, like a fool, toted it precariously down to my basement locker only to find it was too tall.  Crap!  I knew I should have measured first but one of my faults is that, when I want something done, I want it done right now.  Stupid, I know.

There was no way I was going to struggle the damn thing all the way back up to my apartment so I carted it to the back door of the building where we put things we don't want but hope someone else does.  I was sweating like a stuck pig but quite proud of myself that I'd accomplished it at all.  I really do feel a great sense of satisfaction when I succeed at a difficult task.

Now I have to re-organize my crafts in the spare room and there will be a perfect spot for my new dressing table when I find it.  I want an antique one, the gaudier the better, and it has to come with delivery because I hate inconveniencing my kids.  My hope is to find one at a yard sale or used furniture store but I'm in no hurry and will wait until I find the perfect one for me.


No comments: