Monday, July 28, 2014

New Dressing Table

It isn't what I'd first envisioned but it will do just fine.  I just wanted a table to use for putting on makeup (which I seldom wear) and tweezing those unwanted hairs that keep popping up on my face.

I'd really wanted a proper antique dressing table but got worried about transporting bugs into my home so decided I had to buy new.  Then I sadly discovered that new dressing tables were few, far between, and damned expensive for actually crappy construction.  And so I settled on a sofa table because it was the right height and shallow width.  

After searching the city for one I liked and could afford, I found this one pretty well by accident and like it a lot.  It fits perfectly in the space allotted for it and holds all it needs to hold.

Notice the date on my photo!  I really should try to figure out how to change this but when I get a new laptop this winter I won't be able to install this old Kodak photo program so it's not worth the bother.  In any case, the photo was taken on July 28, 2014.

Now that I've purchased all the furniture I'll probably ever buy, I need to start making some decisions on what colors to paint the apartment rooms.  Luckily I don't mind the light beige it's already painted so I can take my time.  One thing for sure, the new colors will be light and not dark.  I'm thinking pale lilac for my bedroom, pale green for the spare bedroom, pale green for the bathroom, and heaven knows what for the rest of the place.

No comments: