Friday, July 25, 2014

"Where Are The Clean Ones?"

Here is another little story from October, 2000.


Family life today is much different from when I was a child.  More wives and mothers now work outside the home as well as inside and often have to develop short cuts in their housework.

My daughter, a working wife and mother, has a habit of emptying the clean dishes from the dishwasher as she needs them rather than emptying it completely and putting them in the cupboard.  Her 4 year old son, Matt, has also become accustomed to this practice.

One day he opened the dishwasher to get a clean glass but my daughter stopped him by saying the dishes in there were dirty and hadn't been washed yet.

Matt stood there looking very puzzled with this new concept.  Then he turned to his mother and demanded, "Well, where do we keep the clean glasses now?".


I've had more fun re-reading these little anecdotes from long ago and picturing my sweet little grandbabies as they were in those days.  I love the sweet innocence of those grandbabies that I'm now seeing in my greatgrandbabies.  Aren't I lucky to still be around to be able to relive it with another generation? 

No comments: