Sunday, September 28, 2014

Fall Colors

Autumn may be the end of summer and the near beginning of the cold of winter but it makes up for it by being the most colorful time of the year up north.  There's something about those changes in color that brings us closer to nature and understanding how we're all a part of it...birth, lushness of youth, and death.  It's the natural order and something we should embrace.

I'm leaving for Florida in mid October but I should still be able to experience the most beautiful colors of autumn.  Nice long drives throughout the countryside...we're fortunate here in a major city to still be very close to the country.  It really only takes me a few minutes to escape the hustle and bustle of the city for the peaceful country scenery.  We usually take for granted the ease of hopping in our cars and quickly enjoying country views but many people are still city bound.  I appreciate my ability to still be driving and will miss it terribly when it's taken away from me.  Hopefully, many years from now!

Autumn in north country is one of the reasons I could never live in the deep south.  I think the constant heat and foliage would be boring.  We northerners have a lot to be thankful for and our eye candy change of seasons is certainly one of them.


No comments: