Thursday, October 09, 2014

Native Medication

Donna and I had a discussion the other day about a native woman's right to refuse chemo treatment for her daughter's leukemia and opt for traditional native medication instead.  Donna is big on natural supplements and vitamins probably because she's forced to also take drugs prescribed by her doctor.  She leans more to agreeing with the native mother but I sort of disagree.

The doctors claim that the little girl would have a huge chance (95%) of being cured with their drugs and chemo but those things make the child violently ill.  It would be a monumental choice for the mother to make but I have to think that she firmly believes that natural native medicines will heal her daughter.  I don't think I could take that chance if she was mine.

There is much good to be said about using natural medication instead of chemical drugs but maybe not when one's life is at stake.  It does make sense to try these options if nothing else will work.  I believe the answer to all our health problems and the cures for them lies in the vegetation around us and somehow that will be discovered in the future.

It's such a sad situation for all involved and I hope with all my heart that the little girl is cured and lives a happy, long life.  And I hope we all learn from whatever happens.  




No comments: