Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Brief Blizzard

We've had snow flurries for the past few days but yesterday it actually turned into a brief blizzard of snow that made driving for me a little difficult.   The air is not quite cold enough to keep the snow around for long, though, but my car is the only one in the parking lot with snow on the roof.  I used my new snow brush (the old one is lost somewhere in my filled trunk) to clear about 6" of snow off the car yesterday but figured the stuff on the roof would blow away as I drove.  Apparently I didn't drive fast enough.

As surgery day comes closer, I'm becoming more stoic and accepting of whatever happens.  Of course I want to end up able to spend the rest of the winter in Florida but if I have to stay here for more surgery I can handle it.  Life seldom happens in a way we'd prefer but we simply have to deal with it in any way it does come.  I don't like the cold and the grey skies at all but I could always spend more time up at the senior center where it's a pleasant place to be.

I'm sleeping well, feeling pretty darned terrific, not worrying too much, and generally calm and contented.  Who could ask for more?

No comments: