Sunday, November 16, 2014

Craft Sale Fun Day

I picked Kim up a little after 8 A.M. and drove to Sackville for the craft sale.  It didn't take us long to set up because I really cut down on the amount of stuff I took to sell...a lot wasn't allowed.  My sales were almost non-existent until Matt and Kelly showed up and Kelly turned out to be an excellent sales girl.  She calls me Gramma now and that warms my heart.

Faye came about noon to drive Kim home but Kim, good soul that she is, decided to stay until the end (2 P.M.).  It was an enjoyable and easy morning talking to friendly people and making a tidy profit of $150.  I took Kim out for "lupper" at Five Guys...I know, not a good choice but we were starving.

Maybe it was because I didn't take a ton of stuff to the sale but this was one of the easiest I've attended.  Sackville is an excellent resource for our seniors and a place I'll spend a lot of time at when I'm home all winter.  There are so many activities available there and also a lovely cafeteria.  I don't know why all seniors don't take advantage of their senior centers!

I woke up this morning to a dusting of snow over the landscape and understood that it isn't the snow that gets me down but the grey skies that accompany it.  I'm aching for the Florida sunshine as much as the Florida warmth.  Maybe soon...

No comments: