Friday, November 21, 2014

Surgery Done

I am so happy to have the surgery over and done and hope to heaven I never need another one.  It took 7 stitches but the scar should be almost invisible when it's healed.  My dermatologist is quite the artist when it comes to stitching.  She did have to re-open the last skin cancer scar on my arm to remove a tiny piece that didn't seem to be healing properly, though.  I jokingly say I'm leaving here piece by piece but it's becoming not so funny anymore.

The pain was negligible once the freezing wore off, just as I knew it would be.  I slept like a baby last night because, easy or not, having anything cut out of your body causes trauma and stress.  I have to leave the present bandages (kind of big) on until Sunday when I can replace them with something smaller.  I'm hoping they'll be small enough not to startle passers-by so I can go out once in a while until the stitches are removed 12 days from now.

On a good note, I asked the dermatologist what the procedure would be if she hadn't been able to get all of the skin cancer out and she said she'd just go back in and remove a little more.  I asked about the Mohs surgery and was told (for the first time) that it was only done if the skin cancer was seriously deep and it has to be done in Toronto.  I then asked if I'd be able to put off a second surgery until April and she told me "probably" but we'd have to wait for the biopsy report first.  Actually, that's the best news I've heard in a long time even if it is only "probably".

On a bad note, Kim was able to put in Windows Photo Gallery for me...not as easy as last time but easy enough.  Now I'm having weird trouble and not able to get onto the internet.  I somehow was able to get the blog but don't know if it will post once I'm finished.  Do I seem to have more computer trouble than most people or is it just my imagination?

Anyway, I'm still feeling absolutely wonderful and have high hopes of getting to Florida some time this winter!

No comments: