Thursday, December 04, 2014

Bandages Off

I took the bandages off this morning to have a look at my dermatologist's handiwork.  It is amazing to have had 7 stitches put in your face and to not have a huge scar showing even at this early date.  She's good!

Other than a little scabbing (which I bet came from so much movement from eating and talking) there is only a tiny, almost invisible scar which could easily be concealed with make-up if I chose.  I don't.

I fervently wish this is the end of any skin cancers but it's good to know that, so far, none of them have been the dreaded melanoma and have been fairly easily dealt with.  I'm tired of having to put my normal life on hold to have them dealt with, though.

I packed the heaviest boxes in the car yesterday and will pack the lighter ones today.  All that leaves for Kim to help me with is the big suitcase which is full of everything but clothes.  There is a lot of stuff in the car that I plan to sell on Ebay but I'm still amazed at how full it is every year when I travel to Florida and back.  It seems I might be trying to do too much but every year I say it won't happen again and then it does.  

I cleaned the apartment this morning and will clean the fridge tomorrow and do laundry.  I like to come home to a clean apartment so Lisette and Nicole had better be neat while they're here at Xmas.

Cindy called about making motel reservations but I don't like to do that.  It's better to decide where to stay as the time gets closer to 4:30 P.M. when I have to get off the road.  I also recommend Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, and Red Roof as good choices.  It's going to be fun travelling with Cindy.  She can't drive because of her carpal tunnel surgery but I never mind driving the whole way myself.  

It's hard to believe that we'll be toasting our little selves in Florida this time next week!

No comments: