Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Passed

I went to the dermatologist today to have the stitches out and to hear the results of the biopsy.  As is my way, I'd already decided how I would react to the different scenarios I might face and knew I would handle anything she threw at me.  She said that, despite there still being some cancer cells on the perimeter of the incisions, I was free to go to Florida for the winter and see her when I got home in April.  Most minor cancer cells remaining after incision will be disposed of by our own immune system but, should mine start to erupt again, I should come home and have them taken care of.  Of course!!

The best scenario would have been for all signs of skin cancer be gone but I'll accept this diagnosis.  I've had it before and haven't had skin cancer return to those spots.  Fingers crossed!

I wasn't going to pack anything more in the car until Kim comes to help me on Friday night but I couldn't stop myself...I took a few small but heavy boxes down to the car and still have a few more to go.  I'll probably take them down tomorrow so all Kim has to do on Friday night is go out for dinner with me.

Cindy got the okay from her doctor to go with me so I'll pick her up around 8 A.M. on Saturday morning.  I can't leave here any earlier than 7:30 because I can't drive in the dark.  I'm looking forward to a fun trip with Cindy and a relaxing winter in Florida.  It's just too damn cold here for me!!!

No comments: