Friday, March 20, 2015

Downtown Disney

Shelley came over to drive Matt, Kellie and me to Downtown Disney last night and it was a magical evening.  I've always loved Downtown Disney at night but, since I can't see to drive in the dark, it's been at least 3 years since I've been there.  There were changes, of course, but the lights and throngs of happy visitors were still the same.  

We ate at the Earl of Sandwich...yummy!, strolled through the stores where Kellie bought some souvenirs, and finished off the evening with beignets.  We'd been warned to park at Port Orleans and then take the ferry to Downtown Disney because there is lots of construction where parking used to be there and it turned out to be an easy trip.

It did rain on the ferry ride back to Port Orleans but the air was warm so it didn't bother us.  Shelley drove us back to the trailer about midnight and then headed home to Tampa.

Matt had an asthma attack soon after and couldn't sleep so he bounced from the bed in the Florida room to the sofa in the livingroom to the car all night.  I haven't seen him this morning but I'll bet he's exhausted.

Today is my last Friday coffee morning and it's pretty foggy outside.  I hope it clears before 10 A.M.

No comments: