Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I Woke Up

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face.  No, no sexy man was lying next to me, I just smiled because I had another sunny day to do something with.  I'm lucky to have few aches and pains, maybe a little stiffness with age, but mainly fairly healthy and able to get around and do most things.  That doesn't include climbing up the second step on the step ladder...another sad story of barely being able to change the light bulb at the front door.  I'm afraid of heights and afraid of falling and breaking a hip.

Sylvia and I are going shopping and out for lunch today.  I'm very aware that my fun times with Sylvia are coming to an end and that there's a strong possibility I might never see her again after I leave here for home.  It's one of those life changes I have no control over and can't allow myself to dwell on.  The worst case scenario is that we continue to keep in contact by e-mail and phone so that's not the worst thing in the world, is it?

The sun is shining and my sweet little trailer looks even more spacious now that John straightened out the nest of wires behind the T.V. and moved it back against the kitchen counter wall.  Funny how a little thing like this makes such a difference in how much space you have.  He offered to hang the T.V. on the wall for me when he has time so that would be nice.  I have very little counter space in the trailer and that's one small reason I don't like to prepare food for cooking.  Of course, I hardly enjoy cooking at all. 

Anyway,  today started on a good note and I'm sure it will end the same way when our group of fun ladies plays cards tonight. 


No comments: