Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Bad Influence

Everybody has someone in their lives who is a bad influence.  I'm timid so it's never me.  Sometimes our more adventurous friends could drag us into drugs or crime and that's where we should have enough sense not to follow.  In my youth I hung out with drinkers and drug users but had the common sense to not do either.  I actually never even became a social drinker until I was married.

I've never liked being in what I consider a dangerous situation.  As far as I'm concerned, we should follow our instincts and not take unnecessary chances with our lives.

I have no understanding of tornado chasers, mountain climbers, or stunt drivers.  When they run into trouble, I think they should have known better.  I understand it's considered boring to be so careful in life but that's the way many of us were created.  I don't know who created the daredevils.

Anyway, enjoy your family and friends who occasionally drag you into their adventures but don't let them drag you too far.  If you're naturally timid like me, it won't be fun.     

No comments: