Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Chaise Lounge

I'll probably not buy much furniture for the rest of my life because what I have now is fairly new but I've been interested in getting a chaise lounge for the livingroom.  It has to be a two armed one because I change leaning positions frequently and I've discovered that the two armed ones aren't easy to find.  Ashley Furniture has two of them but the price is kind of high so I'll have to do some thinking before buying.

Considering that it might be my very last furniture purchase...strange to feel it's that time of my life...maybe I should just go ahead and get what I want and not worry about the cost.  Old age requires that you not plan too far ahead!

I don't like being so conscious of my age but we have to be reasonable and understand that our purchases might never wear out.  We needed so much when we were young but couldn't afford just about anything but now we lucky elders have few needs and a few pesos at our disposal.  Isn't it strange and somehow unfair how life turns out?

So I'll truck on down to the furniture store and see just how much I want that chaise lounge.

Update:  I found the chaise lounge I wanted at both Ashley Furniture and Park Furniture (on their websites...same chaise). I drove out to Ashley Furniture but they didn't have one in the store and didn't seem to know they were advertising it on their website.  I suggested they look there and, sure enough, they found it and will hopefully bring it into the store so I can see it.  Now, Park Furniture sells the chaise for $626 but Ashley Furniture's price is $979...same chaise with the "Ashley" label in both stores!  After trashing Park Furniture, they assured me they'd meet the lower price.  We'll see!   

No comments: