Sunday, April 26, 2015

Illness

We currently have a variety of illnesses in our family and my worry load is pretty high.  I know this, and worse, happens in all families but that doesn't make it any easier.  Is it just human nature that we want our little worlds to go on as always with no change?  Do we just want good fortune and good health for all we love?  I think that's a normal expectation even though it's unrealistic.  I don't want "real", I want the happy ending.

I guess the longer we live the more illnesses we'll have and see in the rest of our families.  I've found that I most often worry too much about things that ultimately turn out just fine but my worries haven't lessened with that knowledge.  I used to joke that my biological father might have been Jewish and that's why I worry so much (it seems Jewish people are supposed to be prone to worrying...I don't know if that's true or not).

My little world is upset right now and I'm hoping it's only temporary.  The first glimpse of a relief will be when Jill improves and comes home from the hospital.  The next will be my Kimmie's surgery over and her getting back on her feet.  I have supreme confidence all will turn out well here.

There will never be a day in my life that I'm not worried about something or someone.  This is the price you pay for having people in your life that you love.

No comments: