Monday, April 27, 2015

Inspirational Messages

I enjoy reading the inspirational messages I see on Facebook.  Some apply slightly and some hit me in the stomach like a fist.  I told my babies that we never stop learning, no matter how old we get, and that's the truth.  None of us like criticism but a few honest words printed on Facebook for no-one in particular can make us open our own eyes to our failings.

I have difficulty accepting that which I don't agree with but I'm working on making myself understand that my way is not the only way.  I may have a closed mind to some things but at least it's not locked tight.  Reason and tolerance are usually able to slip in and coincide comfortably with my personal beliefs so I'm not a totally lost cause.

We need to ask ourselves if that which is different is a threat in any way.  Most often it's not.  I used to think that living together without marriage was not the way to go but I now back it 100%.  If marriage is to remain sacred then we have to make sure we are compatible with our partner before entering into it.

Social mores are something we all have to deal with during our lives but we also need to recognize that they are always in a state of change.  What wasn't socially acceptable 50 years ago might become the norm today.  Some change isn't for the better but it usually sorts itself out in time.

I honestly believe that having the internet opens up our ability to learn about and understand that which is different or feared.  Knowledge is power.  If world governments ever gain control over the internet, it will be a disaster for the common people.  That said, they're probably working on doing it!

My inspirational message for the day was to work on bettering ourselves instead of competing with others.  I like that idea.  


No comments: