Friday, April 03, 2015

My Baby Is 51.

Today is Shelley's 51st birthday and my memories of her from birth to today are almost all wonderful.  I never noticed if she went through the terrible teens so she was either good at hiding any sins or there weren't any.  What a sweetheart!

When Shelley was born she was slightly jaundiced and once the nurses tried to give her to my roommate, a Chinese lady, to be fed.  Shelley was also born with a mysterious little dent in her chest, almost like a dimple, that we've never been able to figure out what caused it.

Her vocation was nursing but just last week she graduated as a nurse practitioner so her purpose in this crazy world is pretty clear.  She's here to help others.  

My Shelley was baby #3 and destined to be my last.  She's brought me so much joy all of her life and I love her more every day.  My other two daughters, Kim and Cindy, round out the package and I know I'm blessed beyond words to have these three wonderful women for daughters. 

No comments: