Saturday, May 30, 2015

My Kim is 57

Today is my Kim's 57th birthday and I still can't believe my babies have gotten this old.  Aren't I still only in my 20's?  Maybe in my dreams!

Kim is special, not because she is my oldest but because she's one of those rare beings...an angel in disguise.  I've always said that I know a lot of wonderful people but Kim and Faye are "special".  They are both the kind of person who is just too good to be on this earth.  We can all recognize someone like this even if we sometimes have to look beyond the facade of bravado they sometimes put on.

I love all three of my daughters equally but in different ways.  All three are the best in the world but even Kim's sisters say that Kim has a unique quality.  She laughs at this and so does Faye because truly good human beings don't know they're of a special breed.  They're the ones who are doubly shocked and hurt at the cruelties and deceptions we all face at one time or another.

Anyway, my baby is 57 years old today and I feel blessed to have given birth to her.

No comments: